You are here
What is the mailing address?
Unclaimed Property Division
Michigan Department of Treasury
P.O. Box 30756
Lansing, MI 48909
- What is the mailing address?
- How do I contact the department for a claim?
- What is your fax number?
- What is unclaimed property?
- Why does Michigan have an unclaimed property law?
- Who administers the law?
- Does the State of Michigan ever take ownership of unclaimed property?
- Does the State simply go in and take the money?
- Does a customer have to go to the bank or other business every year to keep the account from becoming dormant?
- What will happen to my investment accounts if I do not maintain contact with my broker or the company in which my funds are invested?
- How can I prevent my property from being turned over to the State?
- Does the State of Michigan auction off unclaimed property?
- Are there any items you do not sell at the auction?
- How do I request an extension?
- What do I do if I have nothing to report?
- Am I obligated to report and remit unclaimed property to other states?
- Why do companies, banks, and financial institutions have to turn over unclaimed funds to the State Treasurer?
- What happens if a company chooses not to report?
- Do you have a voluntary compliance program?
- I reported a property I shouldn't have, can I get it back?
- Can a holder reimburse a customer or reactivate a customer's account?
- What is the street address for shipments via courier?
- What forms do I need to file?
- What are my holder ID number and branch number?
- What are the cutoff dates for the 2015 report?
- Can Holders deduct fees & due diligence expenses?
- Can out-of-state addresses be included on Michigan's report?
- If I report an aggregate property, who is the owner and what is the last activity date?
- Do aggregate properties count against the 10 property limit for paper reporting?
- Is there a minimum amount that we are not required to report?
- I've created my NAUPA file but my computer cannot save to a disk or CD.
- What do I do if records are not available for certain property types or review periods?
- Why is there a penalty and interest assessment on unclaimed property audits?
- How is interest calculated?
- Why isn't interest included on the annual report forms?
- If past due unclaimed property is voluntarily reported and remitted, will my company be charged with penalties and interest?
- If selected for an audit and audit findings reveal past due unclaimed property, will penalty and interest be charged?
- Who must file an Unclaimed Property Annual Report?
- What must be reported?
- How do I report?
- When is due diligence required?
- I forgot to do my due diligence, do I hold my report until I get that done?
- Are wires/EFTs accepted?
- What is the reporting due date?
- How do I contact the department for a reporting question?
- Must a claimant pay a fee to get his or her money back?
- If an owner just lets his or her account "sit" and accumulate interest or dividends, is it considered active?
- I haven't heard from you in awhile, what should I do?
- Is there a time limit for claiming funds?
- Should an owner hire a fee finder or heir finder?
- What happens to money that is never claimed by the owner?
- How can a person search for unclaimed property?