What should I do if I have a complaint about a car dealer or manager?

Agency: State

If you have a complaint, try to work it out with the dealership owner or manager.  If the problem isn't resolved, contact the Department of State's Regulatory Monitoring Division at 1-888-SOS-MICH (767-6424).  An automotive complaint form is available on the Department of State Web site. The bureau investigates issues within its authority.

> More detailed information regarding purchasing a vehicle from a dealership PDF


If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner or send us an e-mail and we will help you get the information you need.