Student Activities and Resources
- Wednesdays at WalkerChildren and their adult companions share fun times while discovering history at Walker Tavern Historic Site in Brooklyn. Programs in June, July and August.
- Student Internship Program at the Michigan Historical Museum
- National History Day in Michigan (Michigan History Day)The Michigan Historical Center encourages students in grades 4 through 12 to enter the annual competition. Here's what it's all about!
- Future HistoriansChildren have fun as they discover Michigan history and the behind-the-scenes world of museums. Michigan Iron Industry Museum, Negaunee.
- Dig Camp - Coming Summer 2014
For kids ages 10 to 12 who like science and history. June 23-27 and July 14-18, 2014, at the Michigan Historical Museum, Lansing.
- At the Michigan Historical CenterDiscover your opportunities for fun and learning at the Michigan Historical Center.
Study Our State
- Studying the StatesAre you studying our 50 states? If you picked Michigan, here are some ideas for finding information.
- Travel MichiganFind Michigan cities and attractions.
- Michigan Collection at the Library of MichiganThe Library collects and maintains materials about the state, its people and their history.
- Michigan in BriefA crash course on Michigan! Find facts about Michigan's statehood, population, geography, history and more.
- Mackinac for KidsIncludes: Music of Mackinac, William Beaumont Experiments, an Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse blueprint and more!
- Michigan Adventure - Discover Our State SymbolsThe Yak shared his great pages about Michigan's state symbols with the Michigan Historical Center! Learn about our state symbols in these pages from the Detroit Free Press.
- Books about Archaeology, History and MuseumsFind one of these at your library or book store.
- Michigan's State Symbols BrochureA colorful 2-page brochure [PDF] with all the symbols from Michigan History magazine.